After three months of absolutely no movement on the referral waiting list, our adoption agency finally announced yesterday that four children were matched this week with waiting families, YAY!!! This means that we are finally inching our way up the list again. The estimated time to get matched is still 9-12 months from our Dossier submission which would put us at possibly getting matched as early as September and latest by next January. We guesstimate that there are roughly 30-35 families ahead of us in line at the moment.
While we are patiently waiting, we’ve been keeping very busy. Drew has been working on fixing up the house (a never ending project) and Maja has been a crafting fool! My new venture, Crafting for a Cause has been doing really well. After the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, I started making and selling origami crane earrings and donating 100% of the proceeds to Mercy Corps (http://www.mercycorps.org/fundraising/majahart) to help aid Japan. So far I have been able to fundraise over $1000. I also have been painting, the photo below was a series of paintings that I donated to the Adami Tulu Project Auction (http://adamituluproject.blogspot.com) to raise funds to build a school for orphans in Ethiopia.
Some other wonderful news is that Drew and I have a second niece! Drew’s older brother Matt and his wife Lisa gave birth to Bellamy Jean Hart on May 7th. We were able to visit them and meet little Bellamy on our way to my brother Stefan’s wedding (which I had the pleasure of officiating) in Northern California. So happy for the new parents and that Judah will have another cousin to grow up with!


No comments:
Post a Comment