Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah
The Lion of Judah (Haile Sellassie) on the old Ethiopian flag was our inspiration for naming our baby Judah!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

No more paperwork ~ Take Two...

This adoption journey has really taught us that patience and flexibility are major necessities! When I thought that we were completely done with paperwork, we got an email letting us know that we needed some revisions done as well as a home study addendum to account for Drew's new job. As soon as I got the addendum from the social worker I drove down to Salem to get is certified, only to find out that the notary had forgot to put her stamp on the document. Grrrrr...I hate wasting gas! But I got the stamp I needed and finally got it certified so I think we are done with paperwork for "real" this time.

Luckily we didn't lose our spot in the baby match waiting line! At the time that we got on the list in January we were told that there were approximately 70 families waiting in front of us. Seems like the wait will take forever but within the last few weeks 13 families were matched so that made us feel better.

The nursery is coming along little by little! Finally found a good deal on a laptop so we could take down our desktop in the office so it can become Judah's room! Still waiting on some bedding items to deliver (on back order), so you'll have to check back for pictures!

I (Maja) joined the EAFO Waiting Moms group not too long ago!!! This group is made up of women in the Portland area who are all adopting from Ethiopia. What an amazing group of women and such a wealth of knowledge! Some of the women have already adopted and are adopting a second child, so they have a lot of great advice to give. Some ideas that I am definitely using are having a fundraising garage sale (great way to make space for the baby too) and also asking my friends to bring orphanage donations (clothes, toys, etc...) to my baby shower. I have already started collecting items for the garage sale and will be asking all my friends to donate all their unwanted items to raise money for our travel expenses. I am hoping to have the sale in March when the weather is a bit better. So much to do....thank goodness I have so many things to keep me busy!

1 comment:

  1. I love how positive you are, Maja! Your child is going to have great parents and a great life! It takes a special person to do what you both are doing. Melanie givebacktoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete