Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah
The Lion of Judah (Haile Sellassie) on the old Ethiopian flag was our inspiration for naming our baby Judah!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Judah is a BOY!!!

After waiting 2 years, 3 months, 1 week and 4 days we finally received our referral for our baby Judah!!!  I got "the call" yesterday from our social worker (at 1:04pm)  that it was finally our turn to hear the news we've been waiting for!  Judah is a beautiful baby boy!!!  He was born on April 8th of this year (5.5 months old).   The social worker said she would send us an email with all his medical history and pictures.  As soon as I hung up the phone I left my office so I could tell Drew in person.  I decided to surprise him by bringing him flowers and a baby boy balloon.  He was a little in shock when he first saw me (it isn't normal for me to just show up at his office).  I handed him the flowers and gave him a great big hug and told him that our prayers were finally answered.  We then sat down to look over the email with all of Judah's information.  His Ethiopian name is Duressa (which means wealth), so we are keeping the name as his middle name.  As much as we would love to show him off to everyone (he is perfect!), we cannot post pictures of him on any public domain until after we bring him home.  Trust me, he is worth the wait!!!

Mama Maja surprising Daddy Drew....It's a BOY!!!

So what is next you ask???....Well at this time the Ethiopian government is closed for the rainy season (Aug-Oct), so we have to wait till they are open to be submitted to court.  If all goes smoothly we should find out our court date by the end of October.  We are hoping to make our first trip to Ethiopia in November or December.  After we pass court, then we will have to wait a couple more months to take our second trip for Judah's Embassy date and to finally take him home with us.  In the mean time we will prepare for his arrival.

A huge THANK YOU for the tears of joy that have been shed for us!  We have the best family and friends who have been supporting us every step of the way.  Seeing little Judah's face is the light at the end of the tunnel and boy is it bright!!!  We'll let you know as soon as we have a court date so stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. So excited!! Can't wait to meet him. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was hard to read this through my tears!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I can't begin to imagine how long-awaited this day has been! I am soo happy for the 3 of you! You are already amazing parents. I love the documentation of this process. As an adoptee, I would really appreciate seeing this documentation later in life. Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete